Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in the Hospital

We had a very interesting Easter. We spent it like we have the last few days, in our hospital room. David and I hid Easter eggs all around our room and we helped Reagan hunt for them. She did really good. She picked up all the eggs by herself and even dropped some of them in the basket herself! It wasn't the Easter that we had hoped for, but we spent it together and that's all that matters. Maybe next Sunday we will get to dress up in our Easter outfits!

Towards the end of our egg hunt, the nurses came and took Reagan to try and start ANOTHER iv. I literally can't even count the number of times she has been stuck for an iv. I think only 5 have been successful, but she has bruises up and down both arms and her one leg that didn't have surgery from trying to get them. They say that her little veins in combination with her chubby limbs makes it hard to hit it just right. Plus, iv's in babies don't last very long anyway before going bad. The latest iv was the biggest shock. They took her away (for the others we got to be there) and said they were going to get a "special" iv person to put it in. When she came back it was in her forehead!!!! I kid you not! I could not believe it when I saw tubes coming out of her forehead when they returned her to us. Thank God we will most likely be leaving tomorrow! We are so over being here!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Richelle, David & Reagan,
    We are so sorry to hear about little baby Reagan's knee surgery and are praying for a full & speedy recovery. I wanted to call you but know you are probably bombarded with calls and when you aren't you need to get some rest. I know God will see you through this and it will soon be a faint memory (nightmare is more like it) I am so sorry that you are going through all the hospital ordeal with such a young little one--I can't imagine how hard it is as I know it was hard with 3-4 ER visits with our kids but they were all older and could tell us where it hurt. I will continue to pray for sweet baby Reagan!!
    Love to all of you, Bonni & Family

    ReplyDelete